FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Wifi Optimisation Request

bananarama1
Popular Poster
Message 29 of 29

Hi,

Since the last update, about 3 months ago. My router keeps auto changing channel even though I set it manually.

This is causing daily wifi issues.

I need the wifi channel manual function.

Please may an OCE fully disable the wifi optimisation on my line?

Thank you
Kind regards

28 REPLIES 28

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 21 of 29

Hi bananarama1,

We've checked again and the optimisation is off. @KeithFrench - would you be able to offer any advice please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 29

Hi Debbie,

I set the wifi channel using manual setting to channel 11.

However the router seems to have a mind of its own, and automatically changes the wifi channel on a daily basis (sometimes twice a day) to channel 6 or 1 or back to 11 etc.

I just want the wifi to stay on channel 11. It was perfect before the latest pesky firmware update.

Please help me, it is making my wifi a nightmare to use. I need wifi to stay on channel 11(least congested).

It has only started playing up since the latest firmware update.

I have tried factory reset, but the wifi still automatically changes on its own.

Please help me Debbie!

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 29

Hi bananarama1

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked and this is still showing as switched off. How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 29

Hi Debbie,

My router has recently updated to the latest firmware.

As a result, the wifi channel has been behaving strangely again since the update. I have tried router factory reset etc, but no joy.

Please can an OCE fully disable the wifi optimisation on my telephone line?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 25 of 29

Hi bananarama1

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 29

This seems to have resolved my wifi issue.

My wifi channel no longer automatically changes on a daily basis.

Manual wifi channel function is now restored.

Thank you Debbie 🙂

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 27 of 29

Hi bananarama1

I have arranged for the Wi-Fi optimisation technology to be switched off on your line. Please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 28 of 29

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and discuss disabling it for you.

Due to the current Coronavirus situation, the OCEs are very busy and there will be more of a delay to get a TalkTalk response. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes