FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling UPNP

cidk2000
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

theres no option to disable UPNP in the Talk Talk router

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K10002816T

Could you direct me to enable any advanced settings that the option becomes visible

Thanks

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 12

It will be closed because there is presumably no app to open that port in the device, or blocked by a firewall on the device if it has one. The fact that you can add the rule, means that UPnP is not disabled. I'll push this back to TalkTalk for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

added bottom just now exactly as i added it in the app, however that port number remains closed when probed, so you maybe correct that it may be disabled..  Untitled2.png

0 Likes

cidk2000
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 12

Nope still active...

Untitled.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 12

When I was testing V130, to prove that UPnP was disabled I used this tool in Windows "UPnP Wizard":-

http://upnp-wizard.findmysoft.com/ 

If it is enabled you can add a port forwarding rule in the router with it. If it is disabled you will see this when you try & run it:-

upnp disabled.png

Have a go, at least it will prove if it is still enabled or not.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

cidk2000
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 12

The Firewall is still showing entries in UPnP despite this being turned off and rebooted Router with the new changes

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

UPnP is now off in the router.

If you contact our business teams directly they can advise of packages and prices and discuss options with you.

https://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/contact-us/

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

This has now been updated, Thank You

one more question : Who do I contact in Talk Talk to change from a domestic customer to a Business one? the domestic package does not offer a static IP, Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Karl,

in response to the question there are entries in the UPnP that I have not set, I do not use this feature I prefer more control over the firewall than I currently have.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 10 of 12

That is correct, but you can do it yourself from V130 firmware, but the rollout of this has been paused because of a problem that is currently under investigation.

Keith

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi

In the current firmware there is no access to disable UPnP however this will be available in the future firnware.

Can I ask why you want to disable UPnP ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes