FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing Upload Speed

PingHoldMike
Participant
Message 24 of 24

Before moving to TalkTalk I was with Sky on standard ADSL.  I used to get 17Mb download and 1.5Mb upload.  We live in the sticks but seem to have a dedicated cable right down to a cabinet which is the only reason I think we got such a good connection.  Decided to try Fibre to see if it was any better and on the face of it there is a small improvement - 22-24Mb in the first month but and its becoming a big but, I've not seen more that 0.6Mb upload connected on the router.  So 60% less upload speed on what should be a better cabinet speed now I'm on fibre.

What are people's general experience of upload speed from TalkTalk?  Is this poor upload speed normal.

If I hook my phone to wifi Google Photo backups is enough to kill the connection dead by backing up photos and other operations have a similar effect.

Any ideas from anyone??

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Mike

Ok no problem. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24
The same address is fine - I'll select deliver to a local shop straight away this time!

Thanks

Mike
0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi Mike

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can re send the router a different address if this helps? (different delivery address)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Screenshot of delivery tracker.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi

It would appear DHL have spectacularly failed on this occasion.  I marked the item to be left in a safe place but they said they could not reach my house (I spoke to the driver and he didn't like the look of the lane even though I assured him it was fine for the van he was in) so I then updated the delivery to be sent to a local store which the tracker acknowledges but the message trace now suggests its been sent back to you!!  See attached screen shot.  Can you chase and resend?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi Mike

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

I am happy to try this if you think it could be the cause.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi PingHoldMike,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

I don't have another router I am afraid but I am using one of the new fast ones - FAST5364 by Sagemcom - version SG4K10002600t

Its brand new from when I joined about 6 weeks ago.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Hi Mike,

Thanks for trying this. Which router are you currently using? (make and model) Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

I managed to find a phone and plug it in.  No noise that I could here so it seems this is not the cause.  I would not have thought I would get 23+Mb down with noise on the line anyway but if seemed clear to me.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi PingHoldMike

If there is any noise on the line then this can affect the BB connection and we would have to investigate this first.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

I can do this but remember this line was perfectly fine before the change over and supported 1.5Mb up so this is unlikely to be a noisy line problem.  I have a handset somewhere so will dig out and plug in to confirm no noise.  Will report back.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Hi Alienatedcargo,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread (if you haven't already) and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi Mike,

Would you be able to borrow a telephone handset to connect to your telephone socket and check the line for noise 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Nothing.  I'm plugged into the test socket at the moment.  We don't use our landline and don't even own a handset!!

The line is clearly capable as we used to get 1.5Mb from the non-fibre broadband from Sky.  Used to be 17Mb down and 1.5 up.  Now getting 22-23 down but only 0.5 up.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi, 

Mine is the same, I'm lucky to get 1mb up on a longer line. I usually get an average of 20mb down. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi Mike,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Still the same I afraid.  Did you make a change?  Anything else we can try?

!Mike

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes