FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing Upload Speed

PingHoldMike
Participant
Message 24 of 24

Before moving to TalkTalk I was with Sky on standard ADSL.  I used to get 17Mb download and 1.5Mb upload.  We live in the sticks but seem to have a dedicated cable right down to a cabinet which is the only reason I think we got such a good connection.  Decided to try Fibre to see if it was any better and on the face of it there is a small improvement - 22-24Mb in the first month but and its becoming a big but, I've not seen more that 0.6Mb upload connected on the router.  So 60% less upload speed on what should be a better cabinet speed now I'm on fibre.

What are people's general experience of upload speed from TalkTalk?  Is this poor upload speed normal.

If I hook my phone to wifi Google Photo backups is enough to kill the connection dead by backing up photos and other operations have a similar effect.

Any ideas from anyone??

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

I will do this over the weekend and confirm back the results.

Mike

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 22 of 24

Hi

The upload speed range is just below the estimated range for your line.

Can you power off the router for 30 minutes to end the current session, then power back on and see if the sync rate has changed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Astrohurricane
Participant
Message 23 of 24

I get around 15mbps upload on TalkTalk with the faster fibre speed boost. Without the speed boost added my upload was in the 10mbps area. Less than one seems very slow, but I'm afraid I'm totally clueless as to the possible reason for your slow upload speed.

0 Likes