FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection / Drop Out

Zagtiero
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

Hi team,

I have recently started to experience fairly frequent disconnections. Started on Friday afternoon with about 3-4 and I've had a couple more today. Nothing has changed on my side (no new hardware or other changes), router is left on all the time and when the connection is up the speed and ping seems normal.

Please could you investigate?

If you require any further information please let me know.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

Thanks for the update, yes please. If the connection does become unstable again following this then this would suggest a possible issue with the faceplate or any internal wiring connected to the line. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Karl, apologies for the delay updating you. The connection has remained stable via the test socket. Should I revert the connection back to the normal setup now and see if I get issues again?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

If the connection is remaining stable at the test socket then lets see if it drops over the next 24 or 48hrs.

If it continues to drop then we will need to arrange an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl, thanks for getting back to me. I have been using the test socket and a filter since Saturday (as suggested by Skynet_tx) and the connection does currently seem to be more reliable. Let me know if you need me to test anything else.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

Tests are showing a possible copper line issue near the property. 

Are you able to test the router direct to the 'Test Socket' with a filter ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the reply. Yes I should have added that the light on the router flashes orange when it occurs and both wired and wireless devices lose connection. Connection test is not showing any errors (but it is like the connection is being interrupted which I guess it might not pick up). The router is plugged into the master socket 5C (it has a built in filter for the phone as it is a mk4 one). Phone line is all fine with no noise and a clear dial tone. I will try the test socket and micro filter as you suggest to see if that helps though 🙂

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Zagtiero,

Just to double check, do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

If the router is losing connection to the internet it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.