FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects and slow speed

ShellyMac
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

Have posted here before about slow speeds, and although they improved after an engineer visit (new cable to house) they were still below minimum but bearable.

from about 3 weeks ago we have been having worse speeds and now a lot of disconnects, i think the longest we have had continuous net for has been about a day, it constantly drops out to router every few hours and then will disconnect every few minutes from then on for a hour or 2.

i have done the live connection test from service center and a fault gets found, an openreach engineer gets sent (this will be 3rd time) and it may be better for a day or so, but then back to disconnecting and slow speeds.

not sure what to do.

router_1.pngrouter_2.png

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Yep will do

Message 3 of 15

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to keep the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for 24hrs to see how the stability compares please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Michelle,

i have took the front plate off and plugged into the socket behind that as its the only one, we don't use a landline, but i plugged a spare we had and the tone seemed fine.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 15

Hi ShellyMac,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take another look now. I've re-run the line test which has detected a potential fault towards the property. Does your main socket have a test socket? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

So i left it a few days (more like a week and a few days) and the speeds have not degraded like they normally do which is great.

But i am still getting a lot of disconnects,

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hello,

I'm really glad to hear that the stability has improved, thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Michelle,

The connection has been stable for the 24 hours so far, and the speed has been good.

Guessing dodgy router?

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 15

Hi ShellyMac,

Great thank you :). Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Michelle,

Have hooked up the Huawei, will come back tomorrow

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 15

Hi ShellyMac,

Would it be possible to test with the Huawei router for 24hrs just to see how both the stability and speeds compare please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15
Nope, have not tested with the Huawei HG633, have just been using the Sagecom fast5364.
Shall i switch over?. i have disconnected a few times trying to reply back to you.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi ShellyMac

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Can I just check, have you tested with the Huawei WIFI hub?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @ShellyMac Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.