FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does fibre upgrade affect the server being used ?

Harveyp
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

I have recently upgraded to Fibre65. For the first time since the fibre upgrade, I have today tried to access a website I have been using for years, via a link to the logon screen. All I get is an 'Access Denied' message along with "You don't have permission to access "xyz" on this server. (where xyz is the site address).

Does upgrading affect the server ?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 9

Hi Harveyp 

The long weekend of maintenance that platformservices.co.uk were undertaking is clearly complete as their website is fully accessible without any further action on your part. 

Platformservices website after maintenance.jpg

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 9

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Which website can't you access? Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session? Are you using HomeSafe/KidSafe?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

 I don't in fact appear to have anything wrong with my landline.....!

I may be wrong but I think that's normal, just badly worded. It has a little blue "i" for information marker icon rather than an amber "!" fault warning triangle. They're not trying to say that they have detected problems with your landline, but if you are having problems it's just a link to live chat and suggestions for things to check.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

I get normal results, apart from this:

Screenshot_20220501-115500_Chrome.jpg

 And, bizarrely this:

Screenshot_20220501-120042_Chrome.jpg

 I don't in fact appear to have anything wrong with my landline.....!

So some odd results coming through. Probably best to do nothing and wait for them to sort out their mess!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Ok, I mis-read the post. I thought "the platform" referred to TalkTalk's services.

However:

No service status.jpg

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

No problem with the Service Status pages here right now, @AllyM.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 7 of 9

@Gondola ,

I don't think many people would have been aware of that.

Can't access the service status page to see planned maintenance because the system which lists planned maintenance is being "maintained".

Still not sure if it would affect someone accessing a specific website on the internet though?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi Harveyp 

Are you aware that the platform for platformservices.co.uk will be unavailable from 7:00pm on Friday 29 April to 11:45pm on Sunday 1 May, while they carry out routine maintenance?

Perhaps 'Try again later' is the solution? i.e. try on Monday assuming their maintenance doesn't run over into the Bank holiday.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes