FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does upgrading to Fibre stop your broadband working?

lukebibby
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

So I recently bought Fibre and it’s due to come online early December, previously I had fast broadband but not long after I upgraded to fibre it stopped working, did it stop because I upgraded to fibre and once fibre comes online will it be fixed?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

Thank you. I can see that the fault has been raised to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

Upgrading should not cause your current service to stop. When your fibre service actually goes live you need to ensure you are using a router that supports fibre, but if the TalkTalk router you currently have didn't support fibre then TalkTalk would send you a new one as part of the upgrade. But even if this was the case, it would not cause a problem until your actual go live date.

Now that you have completed your community profile the staff here will be able to take a look for you, they will be back in the morning.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

lukebibby
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Have done so now

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi lukebibby

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes