FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speeds - Fibre35

Junkbot
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Hi

We currently have a Fibre35 package, which in the small print suggests that the average download speed is 38 Mb/s.

When checking my online dashboard, the average speeds for the last 7 days is 27 Mb/s.

I understand that speeds will vary however, when checking the Openreach website for my address they suggest that we are capable of 'Superfast' speeds up to 80 Mb/s whereas the speeds we are receiving would suggest we are only receiving a 'Standard' broadband type.

Therefore I am wondering why I am receiving a less than average speed?  Are we not receiving a FTTC connection?

Thanks,

Iain

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. This should have a test socket in the lower half of the socket.

Thanks

Junkbot
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 7

Hi Michelle

It looks the same as the NTE 5C MK 4 and has MK 4 written on it.

Thanks,

J.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Morning,

Thanks for the update. The NTE5c main socket should have a test socket. Does it look like the below?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Junkbot
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the replies.

I have checked the socket which was recently replaced and I cannot see a test socket.  It is a Master Socket 5c if that helps?

No worries I appreciate that it is al dependant on distance etc, there is a cabinet at the end of the street (100m away) and the exchange is located within the town - about 0.5 mile away.

I’m currently unable to get into MyAccount as the website doesn’t appear to be responding however, I think I am probably getting the minimum  guaranteed speed.

I only really ask, as working from home and accessing the corporate network/ applications is some times slow and ICT support are blaming the connection speed which I find hard to believe!  I am connecting to the corporate network using a Global Protect VPN.

J.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 7

@Junkbot all FTTC services can provide up to 80 Mbps.

However, the speed YOU get at your home is dependant on the length of YOUR line to the fibre cabinet.

Some get the average, some more and some less, there is no ONE speed for FTTC.

Fibre 35 can actually provide 40/10 if you are close enough to the cabinet.

Your speed indicates you must be on a FTTC service as ADSL is not capable of 27 Mbps.

How does your speed compare to the minimum guaranteed speed seen in Service Centre.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Can I just confirm, were you previously receiving faster speeds? Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes