FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed has dropped from 70mbps to 10mbps today. Help please...

IanScott
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Can you look into this please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Ian

I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6
Yes thanks Debbie,
I am getting a constant 70mbps now. I have no clue as to why it dropped for a day.

Message 3 of 6

Hi IanScott

Sorry for the delay.

Has this been working ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
This seems to have been fixed overnight. Thanks for your help.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @IanScott,

If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show your normal faster speed, or has this also dropped to the lower speed too.

Are you running the speed test from a wired or wireless device.

If the sync speed is still the normal higher value then have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can often help get the throughput speed back up to near the sync speed again.

If the sync speed has also dropped to the much lower speed then it would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘Run a live connection test’ on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or phoning up over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.