FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Outs

templeside
Team Player
Message 19 of 19

Two weeks ago I moved home and ever since have been having a nightmare with TalkTalk wifi dropping out and not connecting. Our phones struggle to connect just one room away (and it's not like we have super thick walls!) our ring doorbell is close and struggles, our Sky Q boxes are constantly struggling, both the mini boxes but also the main box which is two feet away from the router. I've tried everything. Resets, reposition, changing network addresses, changing the band, added powerline adapters and more but nothing is helping. It's at a stage where two weeks in its unusable. 

Can anyone suggest anything else (other than pay for an expensive mesh network and hope that works) or am I just going to have to get it cancelled and move back to Sky who can then ensure all the sky boxes are working correctly.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi templeside

How has the connection been with the new router connected?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

New router has arrived and is now installed. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

OK thanks (I've ordered it now so it should be with you within a couple of days)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Thanks - I'll let you know when we have it

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

OK I'll order you another router to test with, it should be with you within a couple of days 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Sadly not - just that one. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Sorry, still can't communicate with your router, do you have another router you can test with? If not then we can send one

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

OK I'll check it now and get back to you 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

back online after 30 mins or so off - hopefully it'll work now for you. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Actually just realised we can do it now and tether off our phones... so it'll be back on in 30 mins

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

OK thanks, it's fine to do it later and I'll pick it up again in the morning 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Yep. I can try it again but it won't be till later in the day as we need the wifi for work for the rest of the day.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi templeside,

Thanks for that but still having problems communicating with your router, did you switch it off for at least 30 minutes?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Thanks Chris - all rebooted

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

OK thanks,

I can't communicate with your router at the moment so could you switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and let me know when you've done this 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Done!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi templeside,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Could you check the telephone number in your community profile and confirm that it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number

Chris

0 Likes