FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in Broadband Speed

Jonsco79
Team Player
Message 19 of 19

Hi all,

ive noticed a drop in my speed recently from a solid 33mb down to 26. Nothing’s changed my end and this is on a wired connection. Anyone got any clues as to why this may be?

thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi Jonsco79

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 44 and 28.7mb, with a minimum guaranteed speed of 23.3mb.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 19

Hi Jonsco79

I can check the predicted range for your line. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 3 of 19
Seems to be ok now, I take it this is the fastest my line can handle?

Message 4 of 19

Hi Jonsco79

Your line is showing in sync at 35mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 19
There are no issues with my modem and eero setup
0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Jonsco79

This is just to rule out any possible issues with the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19
Hi Debbie,

Let me have a look here as I’m sure it’s just hidden! Can I not test with the modem and eero setup then? What exactly are we testing for?
0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi Jonsco79

Would you like me to send you a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19
No I’m using the eero mesh WiFi and didn’t keep the TalkTalk one sorry
0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi

Before we arrange an engineer, do you have access to another router for testing ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19
Hi yep I tried that already this morning.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 19

Hi Jon,

Ok thank you for confirming. Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again please as this will reset the current session and can often improve the throughput speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19
Yep router is in the master socket and no other sockets in the property. We don’t use the landline and don’t even own a phone so I can’t check that one I’m afraid.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 19

Hi Jon,

Ok thanks for confirming. Is the router currently connected to the master socket at the moment and do you have any extension sockets? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19
Hi Michelle,

No it doesn’t it’s a very old socket.

Thanks
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 19

Hi Jonsco79,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible issue towards the property. Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19
Cheers done now

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

For staff to address your particular situation,  please complete your community forum profile details, @Jonsco79.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Staff reply during business hours Monday-Friday.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.