FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Broadband fibre speed

millet2010
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Help!

My TT Fibre has always got approx 65 down and 14 up but we had a powercut in the village two weeks ago and after power was restored I was getting 80 down and 20 up. This lasted until yesterday when I restarted the hub and my speed down (at the router) had dropped back to 65 down and 14 up?

I called TT this am which was pointless apart from having my router remotely reset and restored to defaults to which I have now had to spend 20 minutes fixing!

Any ideas on how to get my 80/20 back? It's clearly possible when I've had this for the last two weeks?

Thanks, Tony.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

I've run a full service test on your line to verify settings.

Your line profile is currently set at 80/20.

The Router is in sync at 61mb.

The estimated range for your line is 51 - 73mb.

So the service test is reporting that your line is performing as it should.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

I don't think the speed was altered by DLM as it was 80/20 for 2 weeks and only reverted when my router was (mistakenly) unplugged yesterday and then went back to 64/14 😞

It's a shame TT cannot request this as it can be done remotely and not even need an OE engineer to visit the cabinet 😞

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

This is not something we have been able to reset and if the speed of your line remains within the predicted rate as issued by Openreach our network teams would not request this.  Also, if your line were reset and DLM has previously lowered, it would lower the profile again.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

H Karl, apparently ISPs can "request a caution counter reset on a number of their lines each day" from Openreach? Article https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar...

How do I request this from TT without a world of hurt calling again 😮

0 Likes

millet2010
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 7

Thank you Karl 🙂 Just need to have a powercut more often and after restoration not ever restart the Hub as 80/20 was amazing for 2 weeks 😄

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi

The speed of your line is controlled by DLM (Dynamic Line Management) on the Openreach side.  If the line was fully reset after an issue, DLM will start at the maximum and if any issues or errors are detected then DLM will change the line profile and balance speed with stability to ensure a more robust connection.  We have no control over DLM and this is fully automated.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips