FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped connection between router and devices

MajorDlite
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

We are currently experiencing a problem with our WiFi Hub. several times per week our devices disconnect from the hub for no reason. Generally hub still solid white light and upon checking router settings through browser there has been no loss of internet connection.

We have two options when this happens:

1) Reset hub and everything is back up and running once booted.

2) Wait........ normally within 10-20 mins everything connects back up.

I haven't done a huge amount of troubleshooting as yet. Wanted to see if any community users had the same issue. We've had our hub since the middle of December and had this issue from day one. However it seems to be getting more frequent as time goes on.

Any ideas anyone?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi MajorDlite

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 10

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk,

If you could that would be great. Thank you.

Message 3 of 10

Hi MajorDlite

I'm sorry for the delay.

I can send a different router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 10

Thank you @Skynet_TX 

Thought a little extra testing might help with trouble-shooting. Plus I'm sad enough to enjoy trying to solve the puzzle.

Message 5 of 10
The staff here should be able to help further with this. If they think this might be a fault with the router they would be able to arrange a replacement for you. They should be able to respond to this topic some time during the week to help.

MajorDlite
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

I have managed a little more troubleshotting this morning when all our 'wired' devices disconnected but 'wireless' devices stayed connected.

1) Double check connections - None of the wired devices could ping the router but wireless could.

2) Check router status with a wireless device by logging into dashboard. Router suggests 2 wired devices still connected, however upon ping they are definitely not.

3) Reset router and all back to normal.

Once again I must note that all our wired devices are currently connected through Homeplugs as they are away from the router. This is a setup that worked excellently with our old BT router. No other network changes have taken place since swapping to TalkTalk.

Wired devices disconnect more often than wireless but we do sometimes lose all at once.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

@Skynet_TX sorry my router is Sagemcom Fast 5364

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi @Skynet_TX,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Both wireless and wired connected devices lose connection. Wired devices are through Homeplugs and I haven't had chance to test a non Homeplug connected direct ethernet wired device as the fault is intermittent.

However they don't all always disconnect. Sometimes just wired devices. Sometimes just one wireless device (such as TV which is still in wireless range). It's difficult to do any testing as it's an intermittent fault.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @MajorDlite,

Do you have any devices connected 'wired', if so, do they also lose connection when this happens ?

What make of router do you have ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within two or three working days. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.