FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping internet 10 times a day but stable after?

chuey
Team Player
Message 23 of 23

My queries is, why am I experiencing dropping connection like every 20 min to 1 hour each day. ? It takes 2 to 5 minutes each time to be reconnected. Normally it's in the morning or afternoon. It tend to be more stable after 2.30pm and less likely to be disconnected. It normally happen about 10 times when it start dropping. 

Am I getting interference? Or just random issue? I might try remove all and plug straight into the master socket but the reason we didn't do it is because of the power cable and socket is quite far . 

For example, since 1pm we have constant drop for atleast 10 times and now it's 2.50 and so far we have no drop out for the past 30 min. 

Anyone have similar issue? 

The speed was great but this dropping is a bit annoying esp. son have remote learning. 

Spoken to online chat and wasn't impressed with the lady. She suggest an engineer visit but we already have 2 engineer visit and one finally able to get our internet service back after 13 days of no service.  Both engineer said the line is healthy and stable. So I don't see the point of wasting time and money for an engineer

Thank you all for your time. 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23
Maybe it's time to raise the problem again. I am having atleast 10 disconnection today and whilst typing, I still haven't regain connection for over 5 min. This is getting more frequent now and ridiculous. Please can you get BT openreach engineer change whatever they said was the issue back in Jan/Feb. ☹️☹️☹️
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 23

Hi chuey,

Ok. Please can you post back here once the restrictions start to lift and we can get this booked in for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23
Thank you for your time. Maybe best to wait for restriction lifted otherwise it would be pointless for another visit. Thank You again.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 23

Hi chuey,

Ok thanks for confirming. As the line test is detecting a possible issue towards the property then this would require an engineer visit to the property if all testing has already been completed. We can try and arrange an engineer visit to the property, however it is likely that the engineer may not enter the property due to the current restrictions. Would you like us to try and arrange this for you or would you prefer to wait until the restrictions start to lift?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23
I wasnt there when the engineer came. my understand is that it was something need replacing outside the house but the message was they cant do anything until lockdown ease. Apart from saturday, the line was nopw more stable although we still get disconnection every now and then and on monday I have to restart the router to get the service back.

I can deal with the little drop out now and then but it shouldnt be like that though.

THank You for your time. x
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 23

Hi chuey,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is detecting a potential issue towards the property. Did the engineer advise specifically what needs to be replaced and is this located within your property? Did the engineer advise that they can't enter the property at the moment due to the COVID restrictions?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23
Correction.
After I posted the previous msg, we have another 3 drop out within 30 min.

What is wrong? Help!!
0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi. We are currently experiencing drop out atleast 3 times a day at the moment. Only just we have 3 drop out within 20 minutes.  

Would like to know when is BT openreach engineer going to replace / fix the thing they said needed replaced? 

Thank You 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

OK thanks for the update 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23
They came and confirm there is a problem with the socket and it will need to be replaced but they won't be able to do it until lockdown ease. So will keep you posted.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

No problem, hopefully Openreach will resolve the issue

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23
Ok. Thanks. Luckily we didn't have any disconnection yesterday so far.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi chuey,

Line test is now failing so I've logged this out as a non-appointed task. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Since we move back to master socket we have several disconnection each day. it's happened very randomly and most take 2-3 min to reconnect. Twice it took around 10 min. 

For eg..it was disconnected three times today , once just before 10am, then another around 2.30pm, follow by approx 5pm. 

As long as I do get it back quickly It didn't really interrupt our works but it shouldn't be like that.  Someone really need to help find out the issue please. 

Thanks 👍

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Hi chuey,

Ok thank you. How has the connection been since you re-located the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23
Yes. The router is still directly connected to the test socket. We have no issue so far so I won't mind waiting. I will move it back to the master socket today and will update if any issue arise again. Thank you X
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 23

Hi chuey,

Thanks for confirming. The line test is still detecting the same fault with the recommendation of arranging an engineer visit to the property. Is the router still at the test socket at the moment/since your last post? At the moment we're currently only arranging engineer visits to the property for total loss of service faults, however we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate this further as soon as the restrictions start to lift.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23
It's on test socket now. Thanks
0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi chuey

Apologies for this.

Please can you let us know once the router is at the test socket, we can then run a further line test.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi. I will do that later today. We are currently connected via master socket and what seems to be is a whole day of stable connection then midnight it was disconnected and reconnect back within 3 min. Then today 12/1, I have white light but no connection between 9.30-950am . Have to restart the hub. 

Then only just at 3.20pm I have no network again and have to restart the hub. 

Its getting into such nuisance that I probably will go with another provider when contract is due renew which is expiry in Feb 2021. 

It's been one issue after another at the moment. 

0 Likes