FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping speeds until restart

Brianco
Team Player
Message 3 of 3

Hi all

Service started on 3rd September. Huawei Router worked well until 14th September with speeds 10-20mbps. Since 14th been experiencing fiber broadband dropping to less than 5mbps with even less than 1mbps. Turned the router off for 10 seconds then restarted. Speed returned to 10-20mbps.  This was happening every 1-2 days with it now occurring more often up to 3 times daily.  Spent at least 4 hours on chat trying to resolve it. Yesterday on chat was offered a WiFi extender for £55. I explained the fiber was just the same speed next to the router on WiFi. The speed was also the same on Ethernet on the laptop.  Since this started happening on the 14th we have connected no new devices or changed any setup. The speed guarantee is not in play as speed to the router is 20+mbps. The issue is from the router.

I have heard the issue could be bandwidth and needs to be turned off to reset it. 3 years with previous isp never experienced this. No doubt we will be offered a new more expensive router at our expense eventually!

Any advice is very welcome 😊

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi Brianco,

I've replied on your other thread, I'll close this one as a duplicate to avoid confusion

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi Brianco,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes