FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping vdsl connection

sajid
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 8

Hello, I had recently had a Bridge tap fault repaired on my line, but ive noticed over the last few weeks my connection is dropping again, I haven't rebooted the router, I've plugged into the test socket with microfilter (removed MK4 vdsl faceplate). My ping is aslo increased, it used to be 9ms now it's 23ms. Download speed hasn't dropped but upload throughput has slightly decreased.

I had a sagemcom wifi hub before and now have the Huawei one, this one seems to hold a better connection but still i have dropouts, I have no internal wiring and phone line is crystal clear.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi sajid

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed another line test which is still detecting the bridge tap.

Line is in sync at 40mb.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hello, thanks for your reply, can you run another line test and see what that brings up, I have removed the vdsl faceplate and connected a new microfilter in the tesg socket, phone line is clear no crackles or noise, connection keeps dropping still and latency has increased from 9ms to 26ms.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi sajid

This is dependent on the engineers report. If they don't believe the bridge tap is service affecting then they may say this is a chargeable visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

sajid
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 8

Hello, what's the possibility of being charged for the visit? that's the only thing scaring me, i know for definite that the fault is outside the property but at the moment my sync speed is still sat at 40/10.

Should I wait until the problem gets worse and speed drops and then post on here?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi sajid

Would you like me to arrange another engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

sajid
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 8

Hello thanks for your reply, the engineer did some thorough testing, he replaced the master socket which is the only socket in the house with a new nte5c, he also tested with his own equipment and microfilter, and it was still showing a bridge tap fault but outside the property. He went out to check the cable on the telegraph pole and then went to a street cabinet, whatever he did slightly improved my connection but it still drops.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi sajid

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which is still detecting a bridge tap. Did the engineer investigate at the property last time, where did they advise that the fault was located?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes