FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EERO and TP Link Network Swtich

Wayne A
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I have recently upgraded to Fibre 150 and received a Eero router. I have no problem setting it up and connecting via wifi, however when i connect a switch to it, it shows up as a device in the app but i cant see any devices i connect to it via the switch.  I switched over the port at the back and had no issues with internet connection which tells me the ports are working.  I also tried a different desktop switch that works fine with my talk talk router but again the same issue.   Is there anything else i should be doing ?. ,.. without being able to connect a switch to the Eero its of nouse to me,... not everything is best connecting via wifi.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 5

As I said before I am only talking generically, but I have been considering your question.

The devices that are connected to your switch are not connected to the router, only the uplink port of the switch is. I think you would need to look to your switch, if it is a managed one, to interrogate what devices are connected to it.

As an example, I know it is different, but I do not have an Eero. If I use my Sagemcom router connected to a TalkTalk WiFi extender, I only see the extender in the router's device listing, I do not see any devices that are connected to the extender. If I then log on to the extender, I can these all of these devices listed there.

The only issue I can see that might be a problem in your case is if you want to forward any ports to the devices connected to your switch. This would only be an issue if you can't simply set the target host's IP address in the Eero's port forwarding configuration. I can certainly do this OK in my Sagemcom. Now I am making an assumption here (as I don't think you have stated the make & model of the switch) that this is a layer 2 switch & not a layer 3 one?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 5

I can only offer the most generic support as I have never had the Eero.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Just to add, can you confirm if your switch is managed or unmanaged?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi Wayne,

Can I just confirm, are the devices working but they are not showing in the EERO app?

Thanks

0 Likes