FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero 6 setup to TV issue.

Mulhuis
Participant
Message 10 of 10

Previously (I thought) setup eero 6 and connected it into my black router (I know this is wrong) and removed it as my signal was 40mb less through eero. Had an email from Talktalk today saying they think I am not using my data150 to full potential (correct) and the link to video explains that I do not need the black router now just the eero which is where I am going wrong. Now my issue is we use the old black router to plug our Samsung smart TV into to receive our TV channels. It does not have internal wifi and requites direct connection to router however there are no facilities to plug into eero so at a loss. Am I missing a trick or are my old grey confused cells not working on full function?

Terry

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Thanks Karl,

I will return to black box as far better results.

Thanks for help and advice.

Terry.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Have just tried plugging eero directly into modem at wall and best speed I get is 39mg. I thought perhaps extension to cable to bedroom was an issue but clearly not. So go back to old Talktalk black hub and I get 135-140mg but on eero max 39mg. Have to say unless I have done something wrong eero is pretty useless.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

the issues with Eero are they work better when there are more, they are designed to be Mesh systems. 

You can use the router and set the eero up as an extender and ignore any messaging about the connection. What is important is what works for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Good morning Karl,

Well have now setup eero correctly and removed black router and not tried tv yet as I checked speed and only have 33mg download where on black router it was 135-140mg? Setup is now cable into flat and router. Cable to bedroom to eero and massive signal loss which did not happen on black router/hub?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Thanks Karl,

When the good lady is not watching the TV I will do this tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help. Will let you know how it goes.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

You won't mess things up, just connect the ethernet cable from the TV into the second port.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl,

This where I am confused, there are two ethernet ports and instructions are to plug data150 router into either port. I assumed that this meant that the ports are inputs but have I made an error and are the ports two way. If so I can plug TV into second port and problem solved but did not want to try it in case I messed something up.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Does the Eero you have not have an ethernet port to connect the TV ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes