FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero and google wifi

Walshwalsh
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Bit of a niche one this…

I am interested in upgrading to fibre to the premises with talk talk which come with an eero router. 

however, I currently use google wifi mesh points dotted around my house. There are three of them. I have turned off the wifi signal from my main router which was supplied by talktalk and have hard wired one of the google mesh points to that router- essentially making the google mesh point like a router (I think!)

Will the google mesh points still work if I swap out my traditional router for the eero router. I would again switch off the eero wifi signal and hard wire in the google mesh points again. 

I know I’m supposed to buy more eero hubs to replace the google points but they are fairly pricey!!

thanks and hopefully I’ve explained that clearly enough!!!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 5

If you upgrade to Future Fibre then you will get an Optical Network Terminal installed, which in effect acts like a modem and a new Hub, or eero system to act as the router. Whether your existing Google system is compatible is something you will need to check with them. 

0 Likes

Walshwalsh
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the details!! I’m planning on getting the fibre to the premises with talktalk that’s 150mbs. Would my existing router be capable of those speeds? ( the current router is the one supplied by talktalk 12-18 months ago.) 

im worried that I’d spend the extra money on the faster connection but the router and google wifi points would not be able to handle the faster speed???

m

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I've now been advised that as you would not be able to switch off eero’s Wi-Fi, and because they both have their own Loop Prevention mechanisms which may interfere with each other, it would be better to continue to use the equipment you already have (i.e. not replace the Wi-Fi Hub with eero).  Or replace your Google Wi-Fi system with eero – the price is discounted when purchased through TalkTalk.

I hope this helps 🙂

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

To be honest I don't know but I will see if I can find out for you.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes