FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero splitting

stephenmoul
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

I have just upgraded to the 150 future fibre service and have been sent an eero device. However, when I set up the network my LG CX TV (which is the main device I need to have fast internet) will only connect to the 2.4 ghz network and a Netflix speed test show it only gets receives speeds of about 20 mbps. When I reconnect the old Talktalk wifi hub I can split the connection into 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections allowing me to force the TV to connect to the 5ghz connection, which it does without a problem. The Netflix speed test then shows speeds of 150 mbps. I've looked into splitting the connection on the eero network but am told this is not possible. It seems pointless to use an eero if it forces certain devices to use a slower speeds.

Is there any solution to this? And if not, is there any way of using the eero as simply a signal booster connected to the old Talktalk wifi hub (I've looked into using it on bridge mode but this doesn't seem to work)? Any help much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Steve 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 3

Band Steering is switched off on the eero by default, you can turn this on via the app in Settings > Advanced and see if that helps. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Alas, this is a common problem on various Mesh networks. Some seem to allow web access to the UI, which may allow more configuration. Look on the back of it to see if it mentions any username/passwords for this. If it does, browse to its IP address & login to it there.

Sorry, I can be more specific, but I do not have an Eero & any advice I give has to be generic.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes