FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero won’t connect to iPad mini iOS 9.3.5

Lynnes
Trials Manager
Message 12 of 12

My iPad mini on iOS 9.3.5 will not connect to the internet. Is it because it is old, out of date?

I have rebooted both the iPad and my eero which made no difference. 
#eero

Please keep posting your trial feedback here or report any personal non-trial specific issues via email to talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

This is usually under WiFi settings.  IPV6 can be left turned off and will not affect the connection.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 12

Where should I look for that setting? - On eero App, I looked in Network Settings but cannot see it mentioned.

I did notice that IPv6 is turned off... is this related and should it be turned on?

Please keep posting your trial feedback here or report any personal non-trial specific issues via email to talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

OK thanks. Do you know if WPA3 is enabled in the eero settings?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Chris, yep, I see this error message:

eero iPad mini error.jpg

PS Apologies for comedic, grandiose network name!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Lynnes,

What actually happens when you try to connect your iPad mini, do you get an error message?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Yep, mine does still connect to other broadband networks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Sorry, I did not spot it in those first paragraphs, thanks... couldn't see the wood for the trees!  That explains it; sadly, I knew it would become outdated sooner rather than later.

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 8 of 12

My iPad Mini, iOS v9.3.5, connects just fine @Lynnes, and I have just downloaded 6 application updates, so your problem may well be down to the eero!

~R.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hello,

No problem 🙂 This is also included in the Help Guide in my last post too.

Thanks 🙂

Message 10 of 12

Thanks, Michelle, I suspected as much.

Just wondering if it would make sense to have this detail 'eero currently supports devices running Android 7.0 or later and iOS 12 or later (tablets included).' available on the help page then customers may not need to raise a case?

Or is it already noted somewhere and I didn't find it?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Morning,

I've included a Help Guide below,

Setting up your eero

eero currently supports devices running Android 7.0 or later and iOS 12 or later (tablets included). 

Thanks