FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email dropping in and out

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Message 50 of 50

Hi there,

My email is accessible for about 5 mins and then disconnects. The only way I can get it back is to restart the computer. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 1 of 50

Excellent thanks for letting us know it's sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 50

Thanks...all well this evening!

Message 3 of 50

Hi Sunshine6, is your mail working normally again?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 50

Hi Sunshine6 

There's mail maintenance and you can track it on the  Service Status (Email) page. Looks like they started earlier than planned.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 50

Hi,

Again this evening my talk talk email seems to be down again. Microsoft outlook works but not my talk talk email account.

I get this message when I try to send an email whereever:

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [email address] (550 - 550 5.1.0 HDO8nQALhXwWM Sender Domain Invalid (TT420)

0 Likes

Message 6 of 50

Hi Sunshine6, I'm pleased to see your mail is working again. Please let us know if you have any more problems with it.

Ady

Message 7 of 50

If the connection to the mail server or the mail server itself was out, perhaps for an essential restart?  Good to know you're back in action.

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 50

Now working! How bizarre!

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 50

Switched off router for 30 mins, restarted laptop twice and signed out of talk talk mail but same message

0 Likes

Message 10 of 50

Hi Sunshine6 

I'm not seeing the issue right now at just after midnight but the fact that another member had the same issue and I've seen the identical fault condition before tells me that there was a problem with the mail platform.

Is everything back to normal when you sign out of webmail and sign back in again? Added secondary accounts working and not showing as disabled?

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 50

Hi,

This evening my talk talk email seems to be down again. Microsoft outlook works but not my talk talk email account.

I get this message when I try to send an email whereever:

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [email address] (550 - 550 5.1.0 HDO8nQALhXwWM Sender Domain Invalid (TT420)

0 Likes

Message 12 of 50

Hi Sunshine6 

If you're using Wi-Fi then the TalkTalk Hub Black will connect your newly switched on laptop to the best network connection using 'Band Steering'. So my guess would be that the laptop is connected to the 5GHz network giving you a hopefully faster and more reliable connection.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 50

I'm sorry, I don't know why it's now working but please let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 50

Are you able to tell me why it's working now?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 50

Hi Sunshine6,

No you don't need to put a note on it

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 50

Do you know what it was?? I suspect that my old router was actually fine as replacing it made no difference. I will send it back but do I need to put a note on it saying it is probably ok??

0 Likes

Message 17 of 50

Morning,

Thanks for the update. We'll check back in with you early next week to see how the connection has been and if the connection has remained consistent.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 50

I am not sure why but I switched the computer on this morning to try the advice below and for the first time since last Friday, it works perfectly. Has anything changed at your end? 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 50

Hello,

Please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 50

Thanks ...will try to tomorrow as  late now.