FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Visit

Lambert
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

A bit of a strange one. A friend, who's on Fibre 65 I think, had a text from TalkTalk offering an upgraded service at no extra cost. He rang TalkTalk but nobody seemed to know anything about it, so he left it. Then, he had a text from Openreach making an appointment for an engineer to visit next week and it could take up to 3 hours. He's not signed up to anything and has no problems with his service. Has anyone any idea what's going on? Is it a scam?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Lambert,

Sorry for the delay.

Have requested for further details via PM, I'll then look into what's happening.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Likes

Lambert
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

Thanks. I've done that now.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

I've asked the forum management to take a look at this, @Lambert.

Meanwhile, add your friend's details to your community forum profile details in Private Notes. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. Private Notes is at the end of that section. Add your friend's name, address and landline phone number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Lambert
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

I've recommended this forum to him but he's had bereavements recently so he has a lot on his plate. I thought I'd post on his behalf to see if there's a simple explanation. I'll post an update after the engineer's visit.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Better that your friend signs up on the forum and posts in their own right, @Lambert.

Please ask them to do that, as it is important, particularly if something untoward is going on. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes