FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show and fibre still faulty

louis
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 8

Highly frustrated. Checked fibre speed via router last night and it had dropped from 70mbps to 16 Mbps. Rang customer support who ran the usual master socket tests and assured me there was a fault between the house and the exchange. Booked an engineer telling me to stay in. No engineer showed up and text messages said fault fixed. Fault isn't fixed and wasted a half day sitting around for someone who didn't even show up.

Rang to complain and now need another engineer to inspect the inside of the property.  Broadband still slow and clearly talktalk seem incapable of working out what is going on.  

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Ok let's see.

Regards Debbie.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi louis

Just  to advise - If you’re eligible for automatic compensation, we’ll let you know via email or an SMS. Compensation will be credited to your account within 30 days of a fault being resolved, a missed appointment or your service going live if delayed by TalkTalk.

If you have not received any updates within the 30 days then please can you post in the Billing section of the Community and we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

The DLM has been reset and a new router is coming today. All working now.

My concern was that no automatic compensation would be given as no official appt was booked with openreach due to a talktalk system error.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 8

Hi louis,

Have you been advised this today and are they still looking into this for you? I've included a Help Article below which provide more information. Would you like us to investigate this further? We'll just need to confirm some details via Private Message first before we can take a look.

About your auto compensation credit

Thanks

Message 5 of 8

Only from the point of the no show  openreach compensation. Because the appt wasn't booked properly at talktalks end , the £25 no show payment won't be made.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi louis,

I'm sorry to hear this. How are you getting on? Would you like us to look into this further for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @louis guessing you you have rebooted your router recently? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes