FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when assigning port 80 "The configured port conflicts with the internal service port."

Ellie369
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

I have been unable to find any suitable work around for this known issue within the Huawei DG8041W router (see link below). Even attempting to use acme.sh (https://jmorahan.net/articles/lets-encrypt-without-port-80/) for development testing is hit and miss.

If a router exchange is the only fix for this issue, can you tell me what the expected down time for the MAC address to update would be ?

Thanks.

----

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/The-configured-port-conflicts-with-the-internal-service-po...

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9
Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk

All is well, my only real nitpick is the no NAT loopback, but in reality, for the most part, I'm going to dev test through Cloudflare's proxy, which bypasses the task of setting up my local hosts file to point at the LAN IP. Failing that, as long as Let's Encrypt has access to port 80 then that's the main thing.

I've bagged/labelled the Huawei router and will send it back tomorrow (Monday).

Thanks again @Debbie-TalkTalk and @KeithFrench
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Ellie369

How are you getting on, have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Ellie369

The router is on its way. Please can you connect the new router and use the new wireless password on the back of the router.

You should receive this within the next 24-48hrs. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 9

Whichever router you get will be plug N play, but you must allow at least 30 minutes with both routers turned off. Then you may want to tweak some settings in the router to meet your requirements.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 6 of 9
Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk

I would like that, but I'm guessing it is not a simple case of plug & play. Can you give me a rough estimate regarding expected down-time please ?

Thanks.
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Ellie369

Would you like me to send you a different make and model of router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and consider a different router for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?