FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Ports suddenly stopped working

Emjayar
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

Have been using ethernet connection on my Sagemcom TalkTalk FAST 5364-3.T8 since installation back in August last year without any issues at all, but since today I have no connectivity with ethernet, WiFi is working perfectly fine on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

I do use a pair of powerline adapters and at first I thought they were the issue as they have a tendancy to drop out every now again, however after cycling their power I still do not have any ethernet connectivity.

Steps taken so far;

1. Taken powerline adapters out of the loop and connected directly to router each ethernet ports 1 through 4

2. Cycled router power many times.

3. Performed factory reset on router

Still no ethernet connectivity.  Is this a common fault?  Could you please advise next steps,  I have updated my profile with relevant account/contact details

Router version SG4K10002816t

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi Emjayar,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

@Karl-TalkTalk  The replacement router arrived and the problem is now resolved.  Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

Message 3 of 6

Hi

A replacement router is on the way to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
Ok, thank you.
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Emjayar,

If a factory reset hasn't fixed it then it is likely to be a fault with the router. The staff here will hopefully be able to respond tomorrow to help.