FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet connections dropping out

colinpw
Participant
Message 21 of 21

Usually once a day the devices connected to the fibre hub via ethernet drop the connection although the wifi continues to work. A reboot fixes the issue. Something I've not experienced before. Any suggestions. Thanks

CPW
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21
I think I'll continue as I am, there is no need to send out a technician. Thanks.
CPW
0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi colinpw

Apologies for the delay.

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that the connection is now stable. In regards to the face plate this is not classed as Openreach maintained equipment, they only maintain the socket up to the test socket.

I can arrange a TalkTalk engineer visit to take a look at the face plate/internal wiring. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21
Is it possible for an OCE to pick up on this. No response from my last update. Thanks.
CPW
0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

The connection hasn't dropped now for 15 days, I'm presuming that there is a fault with the openreach socket. I'm going to continue to use the test socket. Is it possible for openreach to supply a new socket. Thanks.

CPW
0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

That sounds great. 

Please do update with progress. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Will do, currently 5 days without dropping out, I'll give it a couple of weeks then I'll post back. Thanks.

CPW

Message 7 of 21

Hi colinpw, please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

I've now got the router connected to the test socket, I'll see how this affects the stability of the connection. Thanks

CPW
0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Nte 5c mk4

CPW
0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Could you take a look at Your guide to main sockets and let us know which type of master socket you have

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Just the one socket with the router and phone connected,  the socket is relatively new so I presume if I remove the faceplate there will be a test socket there.

CPW
0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Hi colinpw,

Line test is passing but I can see that the connection is dropping 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Had the new router for about a month now, was stable for about 8 days however the issue is still there.  Router drops connection and reboots on an almost daily basis. Is there anything that we can try to stabilize the connection,  would it be worth reducing the downstream speed a little and see if this helps.

CPW
0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi Colin

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 21
Thanks.
CPW

Message 16 of 21

Hi Colin

Apologies for this.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Connection dropped again today after doing the router factory reset. Reconnected after a reboot.  Is there any chance of having another router hub sent out so I can at least eliminate the issue. Thanks

CPW
0 Likes

Message 18 of 21
0 Likes

Message 19 of 21
I'll give this a try and update you in a few days. Thanks.
CPW

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 21

Hi colinpw

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset?

If you have tried this and are still experiencing this issue then we can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes