FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever degrading Fibre speeds

Ezza1
Chat Champion
Message 3 of 3

I had a previous post about this, but to be honest, I'm not particularly happy about the current speed of my Fibre.

Previous post: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Download-speed-25-33-slower-than-previously/m-p/...

Yes, I am connected to the test socket (100% of the time) and I have tried 2 HG633 routers. Is this router actually up to it?

My current speed had dropped just below 18mb:

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):5329
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):17999
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):5.8
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):6.9
Upstream interleave depth:1
Downstream interleave depth:2188
Line standard:VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):9
Downstream line attenuation (dB):22.2
Upstream output power (dBm):7
Downstream output power (dBm):12.2
Channel type:Interleaved
DSL up-time:10 days 18 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds

I had an engineer out last time, he reset the line and it got bumped back up to approx 23-24mb. Oh, how I long for the days of 25mb+ when I have a 60gb COD update to do at 18mb download. That's approx 6gb an hr = 10 hrs!!!

Same question as last time, can a request not be made to BT Openreach to actually move the green junction box no.3 actually in to our village (it is not even located when the houses are in the village), Move it approx half a mile further down the road and I suspect that would help the speeds etc
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

But Leeds City Council are building the East Leeds Orbital Road (ELOR) right through where the cable is probably located, so I was hoping they could move the cabinet at the same time whilst they were at it. Too much to ask then:-)

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

LOL, Openreach do not move their hardware at the whim of a third party customer !

They cannot re-lay the fibre cable once it's in place.

Dream on !

What is your minimum guaranteed speed ?

0 Likes