FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exam Failure Due to Slow Broadband

Melsyl
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

On 15/01/2021 I submitted an exam a minute late due to the slow WiFi and I have therefore been penalised by my university. 

I tried to contact TalkTalk on the same day to enquire about the connectivity issues but could not get through to them. 

How can I obtain proof via a letter that my WiFi was slow and unstable to send to my university as an exceptional circumstance which was out of my control?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Yes I've found it thank you!

Message 2 of 15

Hello,

How are you getting on? Have you clicked on your avatar picture and then clicked on the envelope in the top right hand corner?

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 15

When you are signed into the community, new PMs show numbered by your avatar, top right. To one side are notifications about mentions, likes etc, and on the other there is an envelope to click on.

You should be able to open messages there, and reply and send there too. 

The contents may be out of date by now. Previously opened messages should still be in there. Just click on your top right image and then the envelope. 

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @Melsyl, in case you need further help, so that it will be in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 15

Hello, 

I have not been able to view any private messages that you may have sent to me.

Where can I access them?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Melsyl,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've replied requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Melsyl,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hello, 

Sorry for the late reply.

I had tried to submit the exam at about 2:44 pm to 2:45 pm on the 15th January 2021.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 15

Hi Melsyl,

Thanks for updating your profile 

Authentication logs are showing a reconnection on the 15th, could I ask what time you tried to submit the exam?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15
I have updated my information!
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 15

Hi Melsyl,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Message 11 of 15

@Melsyl TalkTalk may be able to say if there were any issues with your internet connection history, but not about your WiFi I’m afraid.

Message 12 of 15

"I submitted an exam a minute late due to the slow WiFi and I have therefore been penalised by my university" - if I may put in my 2p's worth, seeing how things are in the current climate with lockdowns, uncertainty as to what's coming in the near future etc, that's very harsh and bleeding ridiculous.

Message 13 of 15

Thanks it'll do that, then wait until Monday then! 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

If you go via Service Status in the forum menu, go through to Service Centre. 

In the Speed to Your Router area you should see a chart of recent speeds recorded by Talktalk over recent days. It may take until tomorrow to show Friday's speeds, but these should show statistics as an average of 4 speed checks taken across the day. Like all averages, you may have experienced worse or better at times, but at least it is worth keeping a screenshot for the record. 

Did you run any speed tests recently, to keep an eye on this sort of thing, if it's crucial for your university work?

Staff will not be back on here before Monday. They will need to identify your account from your Talktalk landline phone number in your community forum profile details, @Melsyl.

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. Then just keep an eye out for a response next week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.