FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extenders

Ollie6
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

hi just upgraded to fibre 150 we had fibre65 before in order to get the wi fi up to the summerhouse we had a tp link model TL -PA4010 500Mbps  one plugged in the conservatory and one plugged in the summerhouse as it has electrics, the open reach engineer said that this won’t work anymore  I think he said it works on the same frequency. Help any ideas on which extenders to get or is a mesh system better the conservatory is about 50 to 60 foot up the garden .

thanks ollie6

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi thank for looking at my post. The 150 fibre we have is via g fast  the extenders are powerline ones we tried plugging them in one to the router and one in summerhouse the result was it turned off the modem and b t router we disconnected them and turned it on again  internet fine again

got in touch with tp link via e mail they suggested  a deco9 but I’m wondering if it will have the same effect

thanks ollie6

0 Likes

ifanyonecan
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 4

Hi

Tha TL -PA4010 500Mbps is only 500Mbps between the plugs the input and output is only 100Mbps so you will never get more than about 85Mbps wired and less for Wifi using the plugs you need Gigabit plugs to get more.

Mark

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

He was talking rubbish.

Extenders work just as well on Fibre 150.

0 Likes