FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO The Community Team

gaahmad
Whizz Kid
Message 25 of 25

Hi, I received this message after posting an issue:

Your post - 'Bad WiFi range issue', has been identified as potentially being spam and has been held in our spam filters. If not spam, please contact us by posting in the community for the attention of the community team.

Please could you reinstate my post as it wasn't spam.

Thanks.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi sorry for the delay, I didn't get a notification about your reply again!

I don't have any wired devices. Sometimes I reboot the router and other times I leave it and switch to 4G on my mobile, then after some time the wifi starts working again.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 25

Hi gaahmad,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Can I just confirm, are wired devices also dropping connection or are you rebooting the router to regain the connection?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

Today the connection went down earlier:

16/03/2021 12:27

I've just noticed something now though. I have two networks on the router - 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I've noticed that when the internet stopped working, it stopped working on the 2.4GHz band. The 5GHz continued to work. I couldn't reconnect the 2.4GHz network. However I can't use the 5GHz unless I'm near the router as the range is not as good as the 2.4GHz. Could it be the router that's faulty, as I had the same setup (two networks) on my last router and I never experienced this issue in the past, the 2.4GHz has always worked reliably prior to this router.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi

I wish it was more stable. Today the connection has gone down 2 or 3 times. The times I managed to note down were:

15/03/2021 17:51

15/03/2021 20:44

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi gaahmad,

Your connection appears to have been stable over the last few days, have you noticed any improvement?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Hi sorry for the delay, the notification email went in my spam folder so I didn't know that you'd replied!

I restart the router when the connection goes down.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi gaahmad

Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm sorry to hear that the connection is dropping.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see some re connections on the line.

Just to confirm when the connection drops/goes down, do you reboot the router or wait for the connection to re connect on its own?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi. Thanks for sending the router. I've been using it and can report back with some results now.

The wifi range is definitely better as it reaches more rooms, but not perfect for the whole house.

Although the range is better, I've actually been suffering from lots of dropouts where the internet keeps on going down now. This has never happened before with the previous router. Can you please look into why this is happening, as I'm happier with the better range but the internet going down is a bigger issue now.

Some examples of when the internet went down:

4th March 2021 00:50

1st March 2021 13:45

25th February 2021 17:11

24th February 2021 19:45

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Message 10 of 25

That's brilliant, thanks. Will post an update once I've set it up and tested it out.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi gaahmad,

I've ordered a replacement router to test with, it should be with you within a couple of working days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi, I have another router which is the same model and I also experienced the same issue with that. When I upgraded last time, I was told that I would be sent a hub, which didn't happen, I think that will probably fix the range issues.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 25

Hi gaahmad,

Apologies for the delay. Do you have an alternative router that you could test with to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Yes, it works better when it's closer to the router 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Thanks. Is wireless connectivity OK if you move the device closer to the router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Hi

I've already tried this a couple of weeks ago and set up all the wifi settings, like SSID, password and router password again, but unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

OK thanks. Could you try restoring your router to factory settings and then retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Yes it's the master socket, I don't have any extensions.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Thanks for the information. Is the telephone socket that the router is connected to the master socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi Chris

No, it's plugged in in it's own place in a bedroom, nothing else wireless in that room. The only other electrical things in that room are a house phone, mobile phone charger and a lamp, which are only used at night time, however the issue is present all of the time.

Thanks.

0 Likes