FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFTP and cancelling current services

blackeagle1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi, FTTP is now available to my house but unfortunately not via TT ( or at least, not yet).  It is however available from BT, ZEN, Sky etc, so I am seriously considering switching to a different supplier.  My contract is up in just less than one month.

Will switching to a full fibre service cancel my FTTC service and my voice line with TT or do I need to ring up to do this?

Don't really need a landline these days and the copper is bad anyway (not TT's fault I know) but as I can only ever get ~31Mbps over VDSL I so want to leave it behind!

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

blackeagle1
First Timer
Message 1 of 3

Hi Karl, thanks for the info.

As I understand it, both from some research and speaking to someone at thinkbroadband, porting my landline number will automatically cause a cease on the line, and as its FTTC, the associated broadband service also as you cannot have broadband over copper (ADSL or VDSL) without an associated telephone number.

Sky have told me that they can handle all the changeover and that they will contact TT on my behalf.  Changeover day is 10/11/21 which is 12 days before my contract ends but as I'm billed up-front, then provided I don't use the landline, there should be no further charges as far as I can see.

Been with TT some 13 years with only one issue really and that got resolved by the forum (original one) within minutes, so thanks for the service from all the OCE's over the years.  It's been a good ride.

So long, and thanks for all the fish !! 😉

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi

If you do decide to leave you will need to call in and place a cancellation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes