FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIBRE 150 DOWNLOAD SPEED GOT CUT MORE THAN 50%

pakhitepo
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hello, so recently I've been experiencing some major download speed cuts. My max download speed was around 13mb/s and now my peak is 5.6mb/s and the speedtests only show 40mb/s as to where it was in the 100+mb/s area. Sometimes the 13mb/s comes back, but now most of the time all I see is the 5.6mb/s peak. I've tried your service centre and it showed the same 40mb/s speedtest. Line test showed that everything was ok. I really hope I'm not getting throttled, because I had the exact same 5.6mb/s download speed peak with you previous contract and I was paying less.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Speed tests are not guaranteed, what is the speed at the router? Are these speed tests done over a wired (Ethernet) or wireless connection? Is the device doing the speed test using the internet for anything else at the time?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes