FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP please

ColinK98
Conversation Starter
Message 24 of 24

Hello.

i have been keeping an eye on this..
Openreach are now saying FTTP is available to my address.
Sky / Zen are saying its available to my address.

But the TalkTalk checker is still showing it to not be an option.
How long might it be for your system to pick up the new availability so i can order the FTTP ?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

bigkenny
Problem Solver
Message 1 of 24

Just say your at no 6 (but aprt 10 🙂 see if it will let you do it that way............you`ve got nothing to loose the official way 😉

0 Likes

ColinK98
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 24

@shahid76 wrote:

"i do note that numbers 2/4/6 of my road can get FTTP from talk talk but me at number 10 cannot."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that case its almost certainly an error on the TalkTalk FTTP database, because both your property and house numbers 2/4/6 will all be connected to the same head end FTTP exchange.

Indeed we all are.
The open reach website says we all go the same CAB and the same Exchange.

@shahid76 wrote:

In that case its almost certainly an error on the TalkTalk FTTP database, b

Have you called the TT Future Fibre team and asked them why certain properties on your street/road can get FTTP and you cannot? You might need to push them to correct their database and send them proof of Openreach FTTP availability, eg screenshots from the BT Wholesale DSL checker.

Yes I have called / gone via chat / sent them all the detail's/ posted details on here.

the long and short of it is that the computer says no.... and no one questions the computer do they.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

"i do note that numbers 2/4/6 of my road can get FTTP from talk talk but me at number 10 cannot."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that case its almost certainly an error on the TalkTalk FTTP database, because both your property and house numbers 2/4/6 will all be connected to the same head end FTTP exchange.

Have you called the TT Future Fibre team and asked them why certain properties on your street/road can get FTTP and you cannot? You might need to push them to correct their database and send them proof of Openreach FTTP availability, eg screenshots from the BT Wholesale DSL checker.

TalkTalk Business FTTP 900/115
Netgear RAX200
0 Likes

ColinK98
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 24

BT are just trolling me now.

IMG_7081.jpg

Still none the wiser as to why everyone else wants to sell me FFTP and Talk Talk are sticking with the 
Computer says no.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi Colin

If you want to see how many properties are in your postcode you can use the royal mail link below.

Put your postcode in and it will show all the addresses for your postcode.

Postcode Finder - Find an address | Royal Mail Group Ltd

Mark

Message 6 of 24

Yes i have....
Computer says no.
that's as far as i'm able to get.

its as if the system wont let me register as it thinks some of the houses in my postcode are already serviced with FTTP.
But not all of them.
to be fair i'm not sure how many houses share the same postcode.

it would be nice if someone with a bit more insight into the FTTP service could take a look.

0 Likes

ColinK98
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 24

Indeed...
but for example i had to perform recovery on a decommissioned VM/SAN stack a while ago..
and had to upload a large amount of data to new VM in France.
if the upload would have taken a 1/3 of the time, it would have been well worth the uplift of £10 pm to my connection costs.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 24

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Have you tried contacting our Future Fibre Team via Live Chat to see if they are able to help with this?

Thanks

Message 9 of 24

it doesn't let me register.
when i put in my postcode into the availability checker
it comes up with this option.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 093855.jpg

I live at number 10.
there is no option to say that 2/4/6 is not my address
so I cant make any further progress or am I given the chance to register.

i know its like flogging a dead horse at times.
but according to https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressFeatureProduct
house number 2/4/6 are all served by the same cabinet as we are at number 10.
Exchange SITTINGBOURNE is served by Cabinet 41

if we 2/4/6 and us at number 10 are all going to the same CAB/Exchange.
it must be just a clerical issue as opposed to an infrastructure issue.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 24

@ColinK98 , even on FF 500, upload is only 3 times what you can achieve now.

TT's UFO (York and other selected areas) is symmetric.

Screenshot 2021-10-19 092220.jpg

Message 11 of 24

Morning,

Have you registered your interest on our Future Fibre Hub so we can make contact once we are able to offer this?

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes

ColinK98
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 24

im currently on the GFAST service at a solid 130mb.
nothing wrong with the connection at all.
but ideally id like that upload on the FTTP product.
i work from home and sometimes transferring data is a bit frustrating.
but i get no as frustrating as it is for people who cant even get a decent line in the first place.

0 Likes

ColinK98
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 24

thanks for that explanation.
it gives an idea as to why different ISPs have different time lines.

i do note that numbers 2/4/6 of my road can get FTTP from talk talk but me at number 10 cannot.
i suspect there's a computer somewhere in the system that is just saying no.

0 Likes

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 14 of 24

@ColinK98 , the line figures show that you should be able to get very good speeds on Fibre65 FTTC. 

shahid76
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 24

@ColinK98 

Once Openreach FTTP goes live initially, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months for non-BT Wholesale based ISPs such as TalkTalk, Sky, Vodafone etc to start offering their services over Openreach FTTP. Basically, TalkTalk will need to connect their backhaul at your exchange to Openreach's FTTP equipment, using a 'cable link' cable and potentially increase backhaul capacity as well which hopefully won't take long. Best bet is to keep checking TalkTalk's Future Fibre checker for availability.

TalkTalk Business FTTP 900/115
Netgear RAX200

Message 16 of 24

Message 17 of 24

ok.
I appreciate you have done what you can.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

I'm sorry Colin but I can't really give you any further information, I can only advise to periodically check the checker to see if it's now showing available

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

I do understand what you are saying Chris.
Are there any other elements at play other than just Openreach availability ?
If the service is available from Openreach, but Talk Talk have their own reasons for not wanting to provide the service.
it would good to know so that I can plan accordingly.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

I'm sorry but if the availability checker isn't showing that its available at the moment then unfortunately we can't order it for you yet

Chris

0 Likes