FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Installation Visit

DancerLorelai
Popular Poster
Message 30 of 30

Morning,

I had my initial installation engineer visit and was unable to proceed with the install due to the the master socket being removed by previous owner and also that the junction box had been removed from the wall with the termination point of the main cable unknown. Subsequently the cable has been found curled up out of the way and we've determined that a virgin master socket was installed at some point. I've tried multiple times to ring to rearrange visit and advise of the works that would now need to be done but am unable to get through, messaging through the app and the enquiries form both were unsuccessful as I believe these have all closed.

My go live date was meant to be the 1st April - will I be uncharged until a date that it can be repaired / installed? Are engineers still carrying out this type of works or is it likely to be in 10-12+ weeks time that this may go ahead if/when your rebooking line reopens?

I am a key worker (electricity industry) who has moved back in with parents as may have to work from home in the future so not a priority given the current reduced support team as I have a working alternative for now but would appreciate some clarity when you get chance.

Thank you

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30
Engineer already been today-good job my daughter checked my emails last night-there was one stating an engineer had been booked - a tex would have been more suitable considering i had NO INTERNET to check my emails-!! Engineer stated broken wire so nobody's fault and i won't get charged. However there is the matter of the 7 days that i had no internet or homeline-when will i be credited on my account-?? Thanks
WHY NO ANGRY AND UNHAPPY AVATARS
0 Likes

Message 2 of 30
No reply on here or contact from TT-good job i checked my email last night-they'd booked an engineer for this morning-i didn't even know-!! Having been without internet or homeline for 7 days and nowhere to get help (thank goodness my daughter managed to sort it for me-i wouldn't have had a clue at nearly 70 and deaf to boot-!!) - it was a broken wire outside (not my property i hasten to add)-engineer said nobodys fault and won't get charged for visit-don't know why yhis wasn't done a few days ago....but we'll see on my bill re no charges and i expect 7 days credit too.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Hi DancerLorelai,

Thanks for the update. Is your connection now working ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

@Michelle-TalkTalk thank you for all of the updates - engineer has been this morning and I've been advised it looks like everything is working 🙂

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30
I just join talk talk same problem engineer came and fail installation. I also opened topic but nobody answered me after a week I want to cancel the contract if you can't even send someone to connect the wire
SniperSky 4FK
0 Likes

Message 6 of 30
Thanks but all i get is a tex stating go on service centre - of which the page is down it isn't even working. My daughter has tried too. I can't input any texfone details being deaf as i have no house line now either. I just need an engineer appointment to check the mail socket-my internet was fine before with Sky. Just forget the fibre and your charges and put me on a basic internet and home line-is it really too much to ask-??
0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Hi DancerLorelai,

Thank you and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Hi SWoody50,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've escalated your topic and we'll get back to you shortly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30
Sorry i can't fathom it out-my daughter has to keep texing me because i am deaf and they've sent me an email to ring for another engineer..grrrrr
0 Likes

Message 10 of 30

@SWoody50 - you’re more likely to get a reply if you start or update your own thread. Really hope you get sorted soon!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Thank you @Michelle-TalkTalk - I’ll be at work (7-7) but I’ll arrange for someone to be at my house in case they need access to install the master socket.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Hi,

Update to my last post -

I've now been advised that it's AM (between 8am-1pm)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi DancerLorelai,

I'm really sorry that they didn't turn up. I've now been advised that this has been arranged for 17/04/2020. Please let us know how you get on. Just to add, I've asked them to confirm if this will be AM or PM and will post back once I know.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Same. I need an engineer to my house apparently. He was outside today, i guess checking the lines today. I am a new customer. My line was supposed to go live on 9/4/20 and hasn't (a refund is now demanded). There was no problem with my internet from Sky until they 'took over'. I am very annoyed as i have had no internet since last Thursday. Why has this not been rectified-?? I am also deaf and a pensioner so i cannot ring for a home visit.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

Hi DancerLorelai,

I'm really sorry to hear this. We've escalated this to Openreach now and we'll let you know as soon as we receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

@StephenF Hi no one came today - can you let me know if/when a new visit will be arranged? Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

Thanks @StephenF - not seen anyone so hopefully they’re still on their way? 🙂

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi, 

We've got a quick update to say we have an engineer booked for today in the afternoon will be between 1pm and 6pm.

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

Hi DancerLorelai

This will be work completed by Openreach.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

@Debbie-TalkTalk oh thanks - and will that be the open reach side, TalkTalk side or both as I think the line into the house would need to be fixed first?

0 Likes