FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast 5364 problems

hughwilliam
First Timer
Message 16 of 16

Hi, the support team has been unable to help with this, I wonder whether anyone here can:

Dear TalkTalk Support Team,

On 26th May you sent an engineer from QUBE UK to resolve loss of internet at our home. The engineer, Neil, replaced the five year old Sagem Fast 5364, which had failed, with another of the same model. The new router is providing WiFi internet satisfactorily but is not working properly in other ways.

(i) My wireless printer (Samsun M2020) will no longer connect to the router. Despite a complete reset on the printer and operating the WPS buttons on the router and the printer it never connects. The printer always worked properly with the old Fast 5364 router.

(ii) My TPLink wireless extender will not connect to the new router, it finds the 2.4 GHz signal from the router but the router will not let it connect to the internet. Again, I have reset the wireless extender, followed the installation procedure and tried using the WPS button without success. The extender always connected to the old router satisfactorily.

(iii) The “Light Control” in the “advanced settings” section of the router dashboard does not operate correctly. When the light control virtual switch is toggled to off the LED on the router goes out as expected but only for a while. It always comes back on although the switch remains in the “off” position. This is clearly as a fault and, once again, this feature always operated correctly on the old router.

Would you be able to send a replacement router please?

Here are the details of the current router:

Cable Modem Serial Number N7210184N007011

Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00

Software Version SG4K10001400t

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Hugh

I'm so glad to hear that the router has been delivered. I'm really sorry for the issues you have experienced and I will feed this back.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know here on the Community and we will investigate this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

hughwilliam
First Timer
Message 2 of 16

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for the offer but no, the router finally turned up and I'm happy to say it's working fine and has solved all the problems we had with the previous replacement. 

But what I found so very frustrating this morning was that nobody at TalkTalk really seemed interested in picking up the problem and running with it. The emphasis was very much, "Oh, you have a problem. " "Well as far as we're concerned the order is closed so it's up to you to sort things out." No one seemed to understand that it was TalkTalk's delivery, and it's contract with Yodel which had gone. I had no relationship with Yodel really as I had not arranged or paid for it.

Also it seems incredible to me that the different TalkTalk teams have no access to certain records. In this example customer service told me they could not look at complaint number CMP-270058 to reference what had gone on before.

If those issues could be understood and resolved I would have a much more charitable attitude to TalkTalk with whom I must have been a customer forever 20 years now.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi hughwilliam

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I can order the router for you on the Community, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

hughwilliam
First Timer
Message 4 of 16

Oh how disappointing, having previously posted that my replacement for a faulty router had been resolved (complaint 

CMP-270058) I am sorry to say it has been lost in transit by Yodel (parcel numberJD0002230352095290) When it was not delivered last Wednesday as planned I was assured by Yodel and TalkTalk that it would come on Saturday, June 4th. It did not and the distressing thing is that nobody at TalkTalk seems much to care or, more importantly, do anything about it. Yodel advised me to contact the sender, TalkTalk, which I did. It is after all TalkTalk who have the contract with Yodel. When I contacted, customer services, by 'phone and text, and when I spoke to the "I'm thinking of leaving" team, and when I spoke to another team all they could say was they "could not look at the system which records complaints" but they all offered to sell me another router instead. I am astonished by this, the carrier has lost the parcel but I'd still like my replacement router. Is it unreasonable to expect TalkTalk to sort that out, I didn't choose to use Yodel, TalkTalk did. I'm simply the customer, paying my bill to support a router which has been acknowledged to be faulty by the experts at TalkTalk. I've been sent another complaint number, CMP-272687. But I don't want to complain, I just want a properly working router to be delivered,

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi

Glad to hear that our colleague in the complaints Team is providing a replacement router.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

hughwilliam
First Timer
Message 6 of 16

Update, 29 05 22. I was called at about 14:00 by Phakamani at the TalkTalk complaints team. I explained the problem, Phakamani was unable to connect to the router to update it, he agreed to supply a replacement in a couple of days. I thanked him and hope this will solve the difficulty.

Thanks also to all who contributed here, I'll report again when the new router's installed.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

No, the engineer who provided the new one took the old one away with him.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 16

Have you still got the old router, or have you already returned it?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Thanks for your good suggestion. Sadly (stupidly?) I didn't keep the old settings but I have reset the extender and the printer and attempted re-pairing without success. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 16

@hughwilliam Bear in mind that a new router will have new wireless settings. All your previously connected devices will not recognise these unless reset and re-paired from scratch. An easier workaround, if you still have the previous routers SSID and wireless password noted, is to change the new one to the same settings. That way all your connected devices should just pick up where they left off. 

Message 11 of 16

Thanks again for the advice, I deleted the post because it appeared to come up as a reply to my original posting rather than a comment on your reply, I've reposted and I suppose it's just the way this forum's entries arrange themselves. I'll enter my details as you advised. Best wishes,

Hugh

Message 12 of 16

'hughwilliam' wrote:...As ever I’m left wondering what do i do next. Change ISP perhaps ?

NB, I don’t really understand your point about which forum I should be posting to (Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts): but thanks again.

Perhaps you should select the Blue button marked 'Update your profile'. Update your Community profile, Personal Information. Then relax until Monday when TalkTalk Support will pick up from here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Thank you for that really helpful information which contradicts what one of the chat operators told me earlier:

15:28, May 28
fritz: We've already ran multiple checks and it shows your broadband is working fine and you currently have one of our best routers.

15:29, May 28
You: So is the router firmware unto date? Yes but your best routers can develop faults (just as the old one did) The easiest thing might be to send another to try
15:29, May 28
fritz: If the router is not updated, you'll definitely identify it if all of your devices are affected with a slow internet speed or a dropping of internet connection. You can also run a test on your My Account via Service Centre. This will indicate if there are any faults on your line and if your router needs an update. 15:30, May 28

about:blank Page 5 of 7

28/05/2022, 15:55

You: So is it on the latest firmware ?
15:30, May 28
fritz: I've checked it and yes, it is currently updated."

Really frustrated with this, I spent about 2 hours online chatting to 3 customer assistants who flatly refused to send a substitute router, update the router’s software or explain the problem with light control. I've been with TalkTalk for over 10 years, it's most disappointing particularly now it's confirmed in your post that the firmware is out of date.

As ever I’m left wondering what do i do next. Change ISP perhaps ?

NB, I don’t really understand your point about which forum I should be posting to (Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts): but thanks again.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 16

Hi hughwilliam 

I have your reply in an email notification but you appear to have deleted that post.

In the deleted post you were indicating that TalkTalk staff were saying the software was up to date. But I can tell without even knowing the software version that the Hub was on factory software because the lights bug was one of the very early bugs identified by those of us that tested the early release Hubs.

I would guess that the Customer Service agent was seeing a completely different Hub.

If you can wait until Monday and you also add your TalkTalk home 'phone number or Account number into the Private notes box and Save changes then TalkTalk Support for Community will take a look. That's my recommendation on what to do.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi hughwilliam 

The replacement Sagemcom is quite old and on the original factory software. So the first thing would be to get that updated if it hasn't been auto-updated in the next 48 hours.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile