FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast fibre is intermittent and slow - how do i report it?

jelgood
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I've had a fast fibre for a while but recently it's been very up and down.  Often very slow - less than 2mb/sec, or it drops out completely for a few minutes.  I've tried calling and online support (although can never get onto the chat feature) but the machines keep telling me everything is ok.  I've tried everything and suspect i need a new router - how to i actually speak to someone to get this resolved?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Message 2 of 6

Many thanks.  I'll let you know as soon as I've tested it out 🙂

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi jelgood

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults so I have ordered a replacement router for testing.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 6

Thanks, I've updated my profile.  I think the tests have been run already through the online help but didn't find any issues.  I also went through the set up info again.  A reboot helps, but only for a short time then the speed dips again.  Hopefully this can get sorted soon as it's making working from home impossible. Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @jelgood ,

The staff here will be able to help, they can run some tests, and if they do believe the fault is with the router they would be able to arrange a replacement.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.