FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster 300 Fibre Speed Boost

PaulW75
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I have Fibre 150 with a Faster 300 Fibre Speed Boost.

My contract is nearly up and I called today to renew and I am being told this service no longer exists, and once I renew I will loose the boost.

Can someone please confirm if this is true or not?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Paul,

There is no speed boost for G.Fast services, the 2 products are either 150 or 300 depending on the service you take.

Our Loyalty Teams can help with any contract renewal. For a straight forward renewal, services should remain the same, unless you are looking at other deals and offers and they are changing your package.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks for all the replies,

Would be great to get a response from Talk Talk staff here.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

@Ste_Nix14  I think you are confusing Fibre 150 Data Only (FTTP) and what the OP had, which was Fibre 150 (g.fast FTTC) with a BOOST to 300 which was only sold to a very few customers who were living on top of the fibre cabinet !

Message 4 of 7
The upgrade site does sometime hold some glitches which I've seen with a few other customers. But glad you've found it now! 😊
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your response,

Yesterday the fastest I was being offered was Fibre 150 (including clicking on Upgrade) , but was finding getting through to someone to talk hugely frustrating, each time I tried the Live Chat it was telling me all the operators were busy.

I decided to go Incognito to see whether I could see a number for sales. I tried the Live Chat again and yes got straight through, I was first in the queue!

Not only that but the fastest according to putting in my neighbours house number was Fibre 250. I asked for a number so I could speak to someone in person which I was given. When I called I was told again the fastest was Fibre 150, then i was told Talk Talk could match what i have, which again turned out to be Fibre 150 half of what I currently have, I was put on hold a number of times to check this.

Now magically when I click upgrade Fibre 250 is now possible! What is going on here? This is seriously infuriating.

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 6 of 7
Just looking at there site I can see Fibre 150 and fibre 500 both data only packages. I can't see the fibre 300 package, they may have opted just to keep the 150 and 500 packages.

A staff member should pick this up soon to confirm.
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!