FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fibre Speed dropping over time

berryr99
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hello,

My Faster Fibre speed has dropped from 32.1 Mbps down and 9.2 Mbps up, in November 2018 to 2.5 Mbps down and .8 Mbps up today. It has been stuck on 2.5 for the last week and I was seeing 27.9 and 7.8 until 3rd December - the next day it was 4.4 and 5.5. The minimum guaranted is 39 Mbps.

The Hub is always on and connected to the Master socket. The landline is working fine.

I have tried the 30 min powerdown and also a router swap to an HG 633 but no improvement seen.

Received the attached email from TalkTalk on 12th December ( which I responded to) but nothing has changed.

Just wanting a bit of help with this.

Thanks

Robert

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Robert,

That's great news, thanks for the update 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Michelle

I re-set the router yesterday and I'm seeing 24.1 down and 8.6 up.

Its been very stable and the speed meets my needs

Don't propose to re-post unless there are further problems and thanks for your help

Robert

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thanks Michelle

I'll do the router reset later today and report back

Robert

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test which is now clear and the sync speed also look ok. Could you try switching the router off again for a full 30 minutes and then retest to see if there is any improvement in throughput speeds.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Just checked and I'm seeing 22.3 down and 9.2 up which is a big improvement on previous numbers but still not up to 39 down which was quoted in my sign-up documentation. Incidentally, the Hub dashboard shows 40 up and 10 down.

Looking good at the moment, thanks for your help thus far and hoping to get the 39 in time

Robert

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Robert

Thank you, we should hopefully have further updates from BT Openreach.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hello Debbie,

Thanks for this and I'll post back tomorrow - it will be later in the day

Robert

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Robert

Thank you, I can see that this fault has been raised and is under investigation with BT Openreach.

Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow morning and we can check for further updates on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi Debbie,

I have updated my profile now

Thanks

Robert

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi Robert

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes