FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fibre installation

dc10lp7
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I am about to order the faster fibre w/boost package for the new flat I am renting but at checkout it tells me an engineer will need to show up and install a new fibre line. Is this  going to involve drilling etc. and be something that I should ask my new landlord about, or is it more of a case of the engineer connecting things at street level, then connecting the modem to the master socket in the flat and testing the connection?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi dc10lp7,

How are you getting on, did you check if you have a landline socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

With new builds, do not assume anything.

Does the TalkTalk order system recognise the address ?

Best of luck !

Message 3 of 5

Thanks! It is a brand new building and we are the first tenants, so I assume there is a landline socket but will double check. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

If the flat currently has a BT landline socket and the cabling for that is connected and not broken anywhere between that and the street connection, the engineer should not need to drill.

Access to your flat may be required if he/she cannot identify the line at cabinet level.

Depending on how the building is wired, access to internal cabinets may also be required, have a word with your landlord or building management about previous installations.