FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fibre line speed below guaranteed speed

Password
Team Player
Message 31 of 31

Hi,

Our line polls below the minimum guaranteed speed for the connection, fairly consistently over the last year or so!

I believe with the faster fibre boost, we should be well above 40Mb.  I've been through some online chat troubleshooting and even though the router has been connected via the test socket for the last couple of days, it hasn't changed anything yet (DLM from reading previous posts on this topic?).

The service centre gives the following readout:

Est. speed: 48 Mb - 73 Mb
Measured speed today: 36 Mb

From poking around in the router settings, it looks like the maximum rate claimed is currently 40Mb... 

My order confirmation from when we took out the service claimed:

Minimum Guaranteed speed

48Mb

Download speed

54Mb to 74Mb

Upload speed

17Mb

(actual upload is under 5Mb from speedtests).  Oddly when looking at the sales pages, it looks like the packages have changed and the guaranteed speeds are now lower?!

Can someone take a look into this one for us?

Thanks,

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Password
Team Player
Message 21 of 31

Just a short update on my issue as it has been a week since the engineer visit: nothing has changed!

The engineer checked the line and confirmed it was clear with no apparent issues.  He recommended and moved the master socket to next to the router (we had previously been using an extension), and he checked there was no cap on the line from the BT side.

After the router has been solidly connected for 7 days (well, 6 days and 23hrs, 25 mins), my connection speed is still the same - 35.5Mb.  Oddly, I'm sure my router reported a potentially higher line speed (Maximum rate) previously.  We're still under the guaranteed speed, both at contract initiation and from the TT service status page.

thanks for reading

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Hi Password,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning (December 10 2020, 08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Thanks Chris.

I'm ok with those potential charges, and think I've confirmed details via the link you sent.

Time slot wise, any are acceptable as I WFH!

0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

OK, if you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31
Yes, I would like to resolve this problem. Thank you!
0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Thanks Ann_Droid, from using that tool and the values quoted above, I appear to be below the downstream handback rate (which is listed as 37.9 for VDSL/Impacted for my exchange/address - using this as the worst case scenario?).

I'm confused about that site and the various rates (it also lists the clean threshold as 43.4, and given the response about the line looking clear, should I really be using that one?!).  I'm also confused about why these values are lower than those guaranteed rates from when I signed the contract - has my exchange regressed? 🙂

0 Likes

Message 27 of 31

OK thanks for trying that. We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate, please let us know if you'd like us to do this

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Thanks for responding - no obvious noise on the line, but that involved plugging a phone in for the first time in years!

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 29 of 31

Hi

You have a "Handback Threshold" which allows for early termination or a reduction in price.

My threshold is...

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

CabinetTest.png

worst case is 67.2.

If in doubt please ask.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 30 of 31

Hi Password,

Line test is clear and current sync speed is 36.1Mbps Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes