FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fibre package goes live on the 18th March - but still waiting for new Super Router

dave_Sc
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Signed up for Fast Fibre package earlier this month (7th March) and was given a go live date of the 18th March and a promise that the new Super Router will arrive in the next 3-5 days.

10 fays later and the new router as not yet arrived !!!!

Could you please investigate router delivery?

Also will I still be able to continue using old router (not fibre) once fibre is activated?

Regards

Dave
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi @dave_Sc

Ive checked the order and the hub was missed out, I have ordered it today, It will be with you in a few days. 

Regards

0 Likes

dave_Sc
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 6

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the good news.

Regards

Dave
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Well, the good news is that DSL-3782 is fibre compatible & should automatically detect the fibre once it goes live, so at least you won't be out of service. The OCEs can then look into the order for the router tomorrow & update you accordingly.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

dave_Sc
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 6

Hi Keith,

Thank for you reply.  You are correct - June and not March (where did March come from?)

Router I have is a D-Link DSL-3782.

Profile includes first & last names, broadband phone number, etc.

Hopefully there will be a delay in switch over to Fibre, otherwise I will not be very popular if we loose broadband access.

Regards

Dave
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I assume you mean June nor March. After you are upgraded to fibre any ADSL only router will cease to work. What make/model of router do you have, then I can at least answer that part for you. In the meantime I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes