FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Fibre with Speed Boost - Nightmare situation ever since joining TalkTalk

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 30 of 30

My speed has been downgraded from 48 MBPS to 36 MBPS after having opted out of the mysterious charge of £4 for "Multi Room TV" and my speed boost has been removed.

TalkTalk cancelled my speed boost without informing me and downgraded my Fibre to normal broadband. I was sold or rather missold Faster Fibre with speed boost ,please see attached. Loyalty team put back my fibre broadband but removed my boost. I am being informed that my line cant handle speed boost which I have been happy with for the past 3 months with.

I am no where close to the speed I was on a couple of days ago, all because of the extra charge being cancelled.

I have lodged a separate case about that here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/4-Increase-for-TV/m-p/2321831#M2...

I want my speed reinstated. I have had the same problem within 3 months of being with you and for no fault of mine.

FIX MY SPEED BACK TO WHAT IT WAS....PLEASE , I have spent 2 hours on the phone in the past two days already. Stop messing customers about. Attached is what I was sold and I moved to TalkTalk because of what was being offered.

29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk  in that case this is not what I bought, I bought Faster Fibre with Speed Boost on a gurantee that nothing will change mid contract. My speed has definitely been affected and I do not want to continue with the contract as this is not what I was sold.

My speed has gone down from 48 to just 36 and I definitely want this to be escalated and my contract cancelled please.

Thanks

Message 22 of 30

Hi AshAlex,

I'm really sorry about this but I've looked into this further and we can't add the speed boost again as your minimum speed doesn't meet the minimum requirement. I know you've had the speed boost in the past but the rules around this have changed recently, apologies again.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

Hi AshAlex,

Thanks for the bump, unfortunately I still can't add the boost, I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 30

bump

0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk Gmorning ! Hoping you'll have good news today.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 26 of 30
0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

@Chris-TalkTalk  Thank you for trying, I will update the thread on Monday. Please let me know if you need any more info from me.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 28 of 30

Hi AshAlex,

Sorry about this but I can't re-add the speed boost due to a system issue so I've escalated this to be investigated. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

AshAlex
Conversation Starter
Message 29 of 30
0 Likes