Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre with Speed Boost

4 REPLIES 4
wessexlad
Team Player

I signed up to Faster Fibre with Speed Boost
 with a speeds of 49 to 70 but i am only receiving 36 Mbps. Any ideas?

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @wessexlad ,

If you log into 'My Account 'does it show that you have the speed boost active on your account.

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session', this can sometimes help it reconnect at a better speed.

If you check your address here it will show you the maximum VDSL speed that your line can achieve, if you have speed boost active then you should expect to receive speeds somewhere fairly near the ones quoted on that website.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

wessexlad
Team Player

Thanks Skynet_TX.

My account says I have Faster Fibre and the cost has increased since my previous bill.

Switched of router for an hour;. restarted and have same 36 Mbps.

Checked address and it says I could get 75 Mbs.

I notice there are several posts on the forum with the same complaint (Skynet_TX even asks the same questions)

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Ok, the staff here will be able to help, they may be able to reset / resync your connection, they should respond to this post within a day or two.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi wessexlad

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 38mb.

If you log into My Account does it give you the option to tick to add the fibre speed boost?

Thanks

Debbie