FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster fibre constant disconnects

Wooky
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Upgraded to faster fibre over 2 weeks ago and getting constant disconnects since. I was told to wait till after that break on period before the team could look into it. At the end of the 2 week period the internet went off completely.

An engineer came round fixed the problem (outside issues) and checked all my internal cabling (all fine).

I'm still getting constant disconnects. The openreach modem DSL and internet light goes off and then comes back after 1-2 minutes. It's very frustrating as it's kicking me off anything I'm in the middle of... I never had issues prior to gfast/faster fibre. Line tests show no issues.

Any ideas/help? It did it 3 times in 10-15 minutes this morning...

Thanks,

Kyle

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Kyle

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to rule out any possible router faults?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Chat is available every day after 9am,  @Wooky. Links from here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Staff may take a couple of days or so to reach your thread. They work from Monday to Friday, and there's a backlog after the weekend. 

They reply from oldest to newest posts, so it's best to wait for a response before posting further,  unless you get a solution through Chat.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.