FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster fibre or is it?

donwynne
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I recently switched to faster fibre,  I was told it would be up to speed in a few weeks. Two months later, fastest speed I've recorded is about 50 mg yet when I check the status it says I am getting 160?

My tests have all been with cat 7 Ethernet plugged directly into either the modem or the router 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi donwynne,

Line test is passing and sync speed is 156Mbps. 

Can you switch the modem and the router off and leave them off for 30 minutes. Then can you switch first the modem on and the the router 5 minutes later. Could you then run a couple of speed test and let us know if there's any improvement 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5
Oops, slight miss type obviously that should read 50, not 5
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Its the fibre 150 (openreach modem) and when I check my internet status on the talk talk site it insists I am getting 160 which I then check directly and see that I am only receiving in the region of 5, in actual fact I am only getting just over 40 but have seen slightly faster speeds..

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @donwynne ,

Can you clarify what TalkTalk broadband product you are using.

'Faster Fibre' has maximum speeds of 40mbps

'Faster Fibre with Speed Boost' otherwise known as 'Superfast Fibre' has maximum speeds of 80mbps

Those are the 2 regular TalkTalk fibre offerings.

If you also have the additional BT modem fitted in your property you can get Fibre 150 (or with the speed boost up to 300).

How are you testing your speed, and what 'Status' is showing you a speed of 160 ?

Also, for one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.