FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault on Line

Jackie2012
Enlightened One
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

We currently have a fault on our line, We have ran the service checker via our online account and its says '

We've detected an issue with your broadband

But we need your help to fix it. Let’s talk about it via Live Chat. '

Also our fibre service has been very unstable.

Thank you

- Everyday Is a good day to be alive, Whether the sun's shining or not! -
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Jackie

Our Network Team have been unable to detect any faults on the line following their testing.

If all testing been completed with a different phone at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Jackie

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

Yes that's correct, I've tried everything possible my side, things just haven't been right since our phone line went completely dead a while ago.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Jackie

Thanks for your reply.

Have you also tested with the router removed from the line? I can then escalate this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi 

every time I'm on the phone, The house phone is a corded.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Jackie

How often is the voice fault present? Does this occur if you test with a corded handset at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi,

The other person can't hear me on the phone but I can hear them, Sometimes they can't hear me also.

we have just had this fixed by BT Openreach has we had no phone dial tone at all, They repaired a fault at the exchange or cabinet, however I'm still facing issue with the service 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi

Line tests are clear and the current sync speed of the router is within the estimated range for your line.  I'm also not seeing any retrains (drops).

Are you using wired or WiFi when you see a drop in the connection?

Can you check the home phone, is the line clear of any noise or crackling ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi

Can you re-check my line please, Our internet has been disconnecting a lot recently, I’ve ran the service status on my line and it’s saying my speed is lower than the speed we signed up for?

Thank you 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi

All line tests are currently clear and no issues detected.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection ?

Are all devices affected or only some ?

Can you check the Home phone and see if there is a clear dial tone or any noise on the line?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes