FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty router and Fibre not up to the speed i pay for

smookydj
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Hi there

First, i've never had over 60mbps since i extended my contract. If i run a test on here it shows Trackfault. But considering my price went up mid contract, i want to get what i pay for.

Also my router is awful for wi-fi. Constant drop outs, which is very annoying as i have a lot of smart devices connected. I have tried everything possible to sort this, and  just bought a tenda Mesh set-up as backup. I use this for work and that is great and works fine. Even when the talktalk wifi is not working, the Tenda is fine with a good connection .

I've tried changing channels, moving the router, everything that's recommended but it's still very unstable. I have Ethernet connected to the router and again, that still works when the router wi-fi doesn't. I can only conclude there is a wi-fi router issue, otherwise the Tenda/Ethernet system would go down too

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi smookydj,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi there

Yes that is the router i have, but i was in touch with TalkTalk about this months ago and they sent a single to allow me to change channels, which i have done on numerous occasions, but the fault persists.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Debbie

Sorry, no idea why i hadn't added that correctly. Done now.

That would be super f you can send another for testing. I'm so sure that is the issue. I bought a mesh Wi-Fi system as the TalkTalk router played up so much, and have my main machine connected via Ethernet. There are lots of times where the talktalk router wi-fi doesn't even show up, yet my mesh and Ethernet are fine. The connection is still there, but the router wi-fi has failed.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi smookydj

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can send you a replacement router for testing. Can I just check, have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile as I'm unable to locate any details?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @smookydj,

If running a line test from the service centre is detecting a fault (even if it is then just going to the blank screen with the heading 'Track Fault') then the staff here will be able to take a look at that for you, as that may indicate there is some sort of fault with the connection or the router.

What make of router do you have, as if you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub (the one with the bronze colour behind the holes on the front) then this has a feature that can cause it to change Wi-Fi channels by itself, this is usually a good feature, but can occasionally cause problems if it keeps switching to a 'bad' channel.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes