FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty router?

geoffeales
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

can anyone help me? I am convinced there's a fault with my router. On average I have no connection about twice a week for the last 3 months or so. When I unplug and reconnect the router it fixes every time. Service check says there's no fault on the router or the line - but that of course can only be checked when I'm up and running on-line. When it's down there's no way of checking, the white light is continuous which would suggest it's OK but the only way to fix is to reboot. My 18 months is up 2nd June and at this rate I'm tempted to look for another provider, but would rather sort this as when it's running it's great. Router is a Sagemcom FAST5364-3T8

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Is the buffering only when downloading ?   Do you get any for example when watching youtube videos ?

Can you turn the router off for 30 minutes.  This will close the current session, then a new session will start.  Leave the router on then at all times and we can see if DLM changes to reduce error protection over the next 72hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

hi Karl, 

the new router seems to be holding, but I've noticed a lot of buffering when downloading even the simplest of games like solitare, the adverts are annoying enough without taking ten minutes to wait for them!  I have sent the old router back to you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
many thanks - that's what I call service!
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I've a different model hub on the way to you to see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes